Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day #55 of Bed Rest

Only five more days till our family doubles in size! I thought this day would never come or that I would ever make it to March 31st - it seems to be a long time coming.

We are now official minivan owners!! Others may cringe when I say the words "minivan" but when you consider how much stuff we're going to have with two infants and the gas mileage, it only makes sense to purchase a minivan. Bobby is out right now picking up a few items to make the van "baby ready". All we have to do now is install the car seats - which will happen when my mom makes it to Texas the beginning of next week.


Showing off my fancy 3D glasses - the pictures I colored "come to life" when you wear the glasses.

On a side note, thanks to my many, many, many hours watching TV I have started creating a list of foods I want to try and cook once I'm able to do so. Not to say I was some massive chief before, but not being able to even boil water has made me want to cook even more. I'm sure Bobby won't complain.

To celebrate our last Saturday night as a two-person family, we're going to watch some episodes of Julia Child on DVD. For Christmas, Bobby surprised me with a DVD set of her "How to Cook Like a French Chief" cooking series. He wants me to learn how to cook Beef Bourguignon - I'll let you know how that turns out.

I am so excited for the boys to get here and to start my new life as a mommy. My prayer is that God grants me the wisdom to raise them according to His will, and faith to keep going even when things seem tough.

No comments: