Saturday, August 10, 2013

Yehaw

There are very few places that I can shop when both kids are with me. Mostly because there are no double shopping carts available (land yachts) or I'm afraid we would end up breaking more items than purchasing.  With that being said, I can handle some places when only a regular shopping cart is available.  Two days ago that place was Babies 'R Us.  They were having a sale on squeezy pouches and I had $15 worth of store bucks (yeah me)! 

After a couple laps around the mall for some Mommy exercise, we headed to the store. I made a beeline for the food isle, grabbed 40 pouches or various flavors and noticed store brand food was on sale: spend $35 get $5 off!  So I checked around and snatched up three bags of store brand yogurt snacks.  No trip is complete without checking out the sales and clearance rack.  I've also learned that when you find something that I like and will most likely never find two in the same size again, I grab it.  Today I found shirts featuring construction equipment which is J&T's current obsession - so two of those ended up in the cart.  I also snatched up two other fall shirts that featured animals wearing glasses - another current obsession.

During check out, the boys "help mama" unload everything and made small talk with another little boy in line behind us.  Between the sales and my store bucks, I spent $44 and ended up with 40 pouches of food and 4 long sleeved t-shirts....not too shabby!

The boys were so well behaved (for two year olds) during mama's little shopping spree that I decided to allow them to ride the mechanical horse and spider man car on our way out.  Needless to say, they each enjoyed the rides and, thankfully, we made it to the car without a melt down.

Tedder was a little excited and yelled "yehaw" the entire time.

Jack was the calm rider who enjoyed kicking the horse and saying "go horsey". 


Thought for Today:
  • Use coupons.
  • Don't be afraid to take kids in public - they can smell fear.
  • Remember it's the little things in life that our kids remember and cherish the most.
  • Store brand squeezy pouches will be consumed just as quickly as high dollar ones.

No comments: