Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Day of First

After a very, very, very long day alone with the kiddos, I was so excited to get a chance to do some couponing alone once they went to sleep and Daddy was home.  Some of the items on my list were ones that I hadn't bought in a long time (shampoo, razors and kleenex) due to my great stockpiling this time last summer when I knew we would have less money to work with this past school year.  Now my biggest hindrance is the lack of space available in the apartment.

Since Walgreens has changed their system from issuing instant store rewards to a points system, most of my drug store couponing happens at CVS.  During this trip I had one transaction total out to $0.00 - which I've never done before - and it turned out to be what they called in the couponing world "a money maker" because I received $5 in store bucks. I refer to store bucks as RR (register rewards).

Transaction #1
1 - Always liners ($6.99) +$3 RR
2 - Kotex liners (2/$7)
1 - Pert shampoo/conditioner ($3.99)
1 - Infusium shampoo ($5)
2 - Gallon milk ($3.49 each) +$2 RR
Before Coupons: $29.96

Coupons Used: 1/.50 Always; 2/$1 Kotex; 1/$2 Pert; 1/$2 Infusium; $1/Kotex and Always Store Coupon.

OOP = $24.86 + $5 RR

Transaction #2
1 - Gillette Sensitive Shave Gel ($3.79)
2 - Venus Embrace Disposable Razors ($14.99 each)
* Spend $30 on Gillette products earn $10 RR
Before Coupons: $33.77

Coupons Used: 1/$2 Gillette Shave; 1/$3 Gillette disposable razors; BOGO Gillette disposable razors (up to $11.99) - not quiet free but I only use 5 blade razors; $5 RR from Transaction #1.

OOP = $14.10 + $10 RR

Transaction #3
2 - Degree Active Motion deodorant (2/$8)
2 - Dove Go Fresh deodorant (2/$8)
* spend $15 on Dove/Degree products earn $5 RR
Before Coupons: $16

Coupons Used: 2/$3 Degree; 2/$3 Dove; $10 RR from Transaction #2.

OOP = $0.00 + $5RR

Transaction #4
1 - Gain Dish soap (.99)
2 - Puffs (.99 each)
2 - Bounty 6 pack papertowels ($5.99)
1 - Charmin Basic 12 pack bath tissue ($5.99)
Before Coupons = $20.94

Coupons Used: 1/.25 Charmin; 2/$2 Bounty; 2/$1 Puffs; $5RR from Transaction #4.

OOP = $14.82 + $5RR

Transaction #5
1 - Hefty Trashbags ($6.99)
1 - Diet Coke 2 liter (.99)
1 - Puffs Car Cup ($1.67)
Before Coupons =  $9.65

Coupons Used: 1/.55 Hefty; 1/.25 CVS Coke coupon; $5 RR from Transaction #4

OOP = $4.17

Total Value of Items: $110.32
Savings: $52.37

No comments: