Early Saturday morning (usually between 6:00 & 6:30am) is my shopping time to prepare for each week. I spend Friday night scouring coupons, sale papers and making out my list of needed items. This past Friday I was too tired to do it and a storm early Saturday kept me in. To top everything, Tedder was sick and needed to see the doctor, Jack needed some where to go, and I had a hair appointment. My husband went to the doctor and dropped off Jack at the in-laws. I made it right on time for my appointment.
Needless to say, I didn't get to shop early in the morning and was forced to wait till later in the day. To make it easier on my husband who was staying at home with the sick baby, I took Jack with me to shop. I had my envelopes, grocery list and baby in tow.
First stop, Babies R Us. They've had a sale on store brand fruit and veggie pouches $8 for 10 (usually $1.09 each) which equaled .80 cents each...way cheaper than even Walmart. The pouches are great for traveling and since we'll be traveling to MS in June, I dropped 20 pouches into the cart. Jack wasn't too happy he didn't get to eat one but he was soon distracted by something else and we continued through the store. The store had Koala Baby swim suits on sail for $7.49 each (usually $12.99) and since the boys don't have swim suits yet - I snagged two. BRU also had their rompers on sale for $5 (usually $9.99). If I had bought everything at full price = $87.74. I had $5 in store bucks and thanks to my sale watching Jack and I walked out of the store with everything for $49.23.
=============================================================
Next stop - Walgreens. I've gotten better at watching sales, organizing my coupons, and understanding store rewards bucks. Below is my list with store prices, coupons, and rewards. * = filler items
1st Purchase: Witch hazel first, paid $4.33 and received $4 store bucks.
2nd Purchase: Two boxes of Special K Snack Bars and Nestle candy bars. Store price $5/2. Used $1/2 snack bar coupon and .60/3 candy coup and planned on using the $4 store bucks but the cashier rang everything up before she knew I was paying with it (Not that big a deal because I knew I could use it on my next order.) so I ended up paying $4.47 and received $2 in store bucks.
3rd Purchase: Two boxes Kellogg's Cereal. Store price $5/2. Used $1/2 coupon and $4 store bucks. Paid zero and received $2 store bucks!!
4th Purchase: Two tubes Aquafresh Kids Toothpaste. Store price BOGO 1/2 price. Used two $1/1 coupons and $2 store bucks. Paid $1.72.
Items Original Cost: $24.96
OOP: $10.52 + $2.00 store bucks (The store bucks were a total surprise to me and I was happy to take them!)
=============================================================
Last stop - Kroger. Let me say, how awesome of a shopper Jack is. He waves at everyone, holds things for me and points at everything and says "Ooooo" - especially the many helium balloons around.
I won't bore you by listing all items purchased just by telling you about the coupons I used and money saved. First and foremost, if you shop at Kroger you MUST sign up for their rewards card. You get additional discounts and every few weeks I get store coupons in the mail with free items listed. On my last shopping trip I used the store coupons and received a free pack of Hebrew National hotdogs, bag of store brand shredded cheese, and dozen eggs and received a $4 store bucks off my next meat purchase. On this trip I received a free box of Cheerios and purchased items such as pork chops, chicken breast, fresh veggies & fruit, 5 jumbo packs of diapers, and four gallons of milk (we really like milk).
Total Original Cost: $186.08
Kroger Discounts: $28.87
Manufacture Coups: $17.65
OOP: $139.56
No comments:
Post a Comment