Saw the sale ads, had the coupons and on a rare cold Texas Saturday morning went "stockpiling" Walgreens.
They were running a sale on store brand Allegra with a $4 catalina, $2.00 off store brand cough syrup, and Dove products 4/$15 with $5 catalina (didn't know at the time). If I had known about the catalina from the dove products, I would of made 3 separate purchases instead of two. I'll get better next time.
I purchased the allergy medicine and cough syrup together for a total of $23.48 and received $4.00 in store bucks. Next I purchased 1 of each Dove products: shampoo, conditioner, women's deodorant, and men's deodorant. Each rang up for $3.75 each and I had the following coupons: $1/1shampoo or conditioner; $2/1 shampoo or conditioner; $1/1 deodorant; $1/1 deodorant. In order to use my store bucks I had to have a 5th item and snagged an on-sale bag of peanut M&Ms. The final total was $7.11. Not too shabby for Dove products that normally would of cost me $4.50 each. Plus I was surprised with five dollars in store bucks for my next stock piling adventure.
This week, my goal is to create my binder and try to plan my menu around what's on sale and I have coupons for. The hardest thing about that is having two babies...they are pretty picky and I can't really alter what I buy to feed them.
No comments:
Post a Comment