Tuesday, April 3, 2012

First attempt...

So here's my first attempt at couponing and going to the drug stores when they have sales.  I spent the entire two hours of Dancing With the Stars cutting out coupons, scouring sale papers and organizing everything into neat little piles.  I had three destinations: CVS, Walgreen's and Target. My trip to Target had to be canceled.

I was so excited to try my hand that I left during my off period at school for CVS.  I had coupons for Dawn soap, floss, toothbrushes, Allegra, lotion and mouthwash.  CVS had a promotion for buy 2 get 1 free on all Oral-B products and get $5 store bucks for the Allegra.  Here is a break down of everything:
  • Crest Pro-Health Mouthwash = $3.99
  • 2 Oral-B toothbrushes = $9.98 ($4.99 each)
  • 1  Oral-B floss = free ($3.99)
  • 1 Lubriderm lotion = $6.99
  • Dawn Ultra = .99
  • Allegra 24HR - 70CT = $39.99
COST = $54.95

Coupons:
  • .50 off tooth brush
  • .50 off tooth brush
  • .25 off floss
  • .25 off Dawn
  • $7.00 off Allegra
  • $2.00 off lotion
  • $5.00 store bucks
  • $1.00 off mouth wash
COUPONS = 16.50

SPENT = $38.45
* and received .50 in CVS cash

Not to shabby for my first time.  I hope to become better at this over the summer and next school year.  Since I decided to be a stay at home mom I need to save money how ever necessary and am starting to stock pile pantry, bathroom, and cleaning products.

============================================================

This trip made me even more excited to try out everything at Walgreen's. They were having Buy One get One 1/2 off sale on Pantene, Head and Shoulders, John Freida, Revlon, Olay, and Venus Razors and I had coupons for all the same stuff.  As soon as supper was finished and my husband home, I headed out the door.

  • Prices reflect the buy one get one 1/2 off sale or in-store promotional
  • 1 bottle Pantene Shampoo = $2.49
  • 1 bottle Pantene Conditioner = $2.49
  • 2 bottles Head & Shoulders Apple Shampoo = $9.73
  • 1 bottle Head & Shoulders Conditioner = $6.49
  • 2 bottles Olay Body wash = $7.18
  • 2 packs Venus Malibu disposal razors = $16.48
  • 2 bottles Sally Hanson nail polish = $4.00 ($2.99 each or 2 for $4)
  • 1 bottle Revlon nail polish = $2.49
  • 1 tube Revlon extreme wear lipstick = $9.99
  • 1 bottle John Freida Brilliant Brunette shampoo = $6.99
  • 1 bottle Brilliant Brunette Shine Shock = $3.49

COST =  $71.82

Coupons:
  • $1.00 off two bottles Pantene
  • $1.00 off one bottle Sally Hanson polish
  • $1.00 off two bottles Olay Body wash
  • Head & Shoulders BOGO free ($6.49 off)
  • $2.00 off Revlon face product
  • $1.00 off Revlon color product
COUPONS =  $12.49

 SPENT = $59.33

No comments: