Saturday, December 11, 2010

More Changes

I am now 22 weeks pregnant with the boys - that's right - two boys.

Baby A will be Benjamin "Jack" - Benjamin after my husbands grandfather and father and my grandfather, and we both just like the name Jack although I do have a great Uncle Jack. Baby B will be William "Tedder" - William after my grandfather and Bobby just likes the name William and Tedder is my grandmother's maiden name. And even though she has three brothers, the Tedder name will end.

That's where the story gets funny...my Uncle I mentioned earlier - his name is Jack Tedder. My Meridian family thinks it's funny and I would like to think Uncle Jack is excited to have his name continue on with two little boys.

Bobby and I are both extremely excited to have two healthy baby boys on the way! They both weigh 13 ounces, are about the length of a table spoon, and have good, strong heartbeats. They enjoy jumping and hopping around during my ultrasound visits. And currently they form a 7 in my stomach with Jack having his feet at Tedder's head. Bobby was able to attend the doctor's appointment when we found out the sex of the babies and saw just how active they are. He now realizes why I am so incredibly tired and hungry all the time - they are sucking every bit of energy out of me.

I'm doing well and am starting to take advantage of sitting with my feet up more often...it really does make me feel better. Sleep has become the difficult aspect of each day due to the many, many, many bathroom visits I make throughout the night. Needless to say, I make up for it by napping whenever possible. The doctor has already advised me to begin cutting back on my hours at work...I chuckled a little inside at this...did she forget I am a teacher? I will be cutting back on after-school related activities and my students will see me sitting down and rolling around in class more often. Overall, I am taking it a lot easier now than before.

As Christmas approaches, I have a new joy for what this season of hope brings. God has blessed the Davis family beyond imagination this year and are overwhelmed by His goodness and grace. Enjoy this Christmas season with family and friends, share the word of God's amazing gift and the joy we have as a result of that gift, and finally, find a way to help someone who needs it.

 On the road to Mississippi for Christmas.

No comments: