Sunday, November 7, 2010

One checkup down, another to go

Check up at the "at-risk" doctor went well, albeit, I was there for 3 hours. They checked the babies heart and blood flow, veins to the kidneys, stomach size, head size, spine length, overall size and weight. Currently they both weigh 6 ozs. which is a little above average for 16 going on 17 weeks, but is a good sign because twins have a tendency to not grow later on in the pregnancy.

This week my husband and I travel to the general ob for another checkup and to find out the sex of the babies! We are extremely excite but will be containing our news for family and friends until we make it back to my hometown in Mississippi on Nov. 20th. My mom isn't too happy but I want all my family to be together when we tell them. Everyone is hoping for a boy and a girl. My "mother" instincts tell me one of each or two girls....we only have a few more days to wait and see.

On another note, I always experiment with new foods over the weekend in case it causes me to have another gallbladder attack. Yesterday afternoon I had a hamburger happy meal! I squeezed the fries in lots of napkins and took the onions off. I woke up this morning very excited to discover I never got sick!!!

No comments: