Thursday, April 4, 2013

"I don't take coupons..."

These were the words repeated time after time by the guy checking me out at CVS.  Needless to say, I continued with my 4 separate transactions.  I saved some massive dough this time - I think it's one of my best money saving trips ever.  So without further adieu, here's a break-down of everything purchased.

Transaction #1
2 - Dawn Dish Soap - 9 oz. (.99)
1 - Allegra D - 24 hour - 15 count ($17.99)
1 - gallon milk - ($3.49)

Total = $23.46
Used one $3 off Allegra D manufacture coupon, two .25/1 Dawn manufacture coupon.

OOP = $19.96 +$6 store cash earned

Transaction #2
1 - Clear Scalp Therapy Shampoo ($4.99)
1 - Hydro Silk Razor ($12.99)

Total = $17.98
Used one $4.99 off Clear Therapy Shampoo store coupon, and one $4/1 Hydro Silk manufacture coupon.

OOP = $9.73 +$5 store cash earned

Transaction #3
2 - Suave Men's Shampoo (2/$4)
2 - Suave Men's Bodywash (2/$4)
2 - Suave Natuals Bodywash (2/$6)
3 - Always Liners ($2.99 each)
2 - Gas X ($6.49 each)

Total = $35.95 (original price $37.77)
Used two .50/1 Suave Men's Shampoo manufactures coupon, one $1.50/2 Suave Men's Bodywash manufactures coupon, three $1/1 Always Liners manufactures coupon, one $2.50/2 Gas X manufacture coupon, and $6 store cash from transaction #1.

OOP = $16.56 + $3 store cash

Transaction #4
2 - Pantene 2-in-1 Shampoo (2/$6)
2 - Head & Shoulders Shampoo (2/$10)
3 - Herbal Essences Shampoo (3/$10)
2 - Olay Bodywash - 26 oz. ($5.50 each)
1 - Covergirl loose powder ($9.99)
1 - Covergirl lipstick ($6.99)

Total = $53.98 ($63.40 without store sales)
Used two $1/1 Olay manufactures coupon, one $3/2 Pantene manufactures coupon, one $3/3 Herbal Essences coupon, two $1/1 Head & Shoulders coupon, one $3/2 Covergirl coupon, and $16.50 in store cash (from the coupon machine).

OOP = $22.25 + $15 mail in rebate for spending $50 on P&G products!  So my total would really be $7.25!!!

If I had been hardcore about only buying what would get me store cash or rewards I would not have purchased the Always products or Gas-X, but both were needed and I did have coupons.

All in all, between store sales, store coupons and manufacture coupons I saved a total of $80.08 on $126.98 worth of products. I saved over 75%!

I forgot the milk in the fridge, and the Always and Gas-X products in the car.


No comments: