Friday, August 24, 2012

Grocery Store Blitz

I don't normally hit a bunch of stores for little trips with the kiddos in tow, but wanted to get the savings and beat this oppressive Texas heat and humidity. So we were up bright and early, had breakfast and was out the door by 8:30am - this was quite an accomplishment in itself.

First we went to HEB.  They were still running a combo loco from last week that I wanted in on.  Buy a jar of Hellmann's Mayonaise, get an HEB loaf of bread and 6.4 oz. packet of Starfish Tuna for free.  I used my .70/1 Hellmann's coupon and spent a total of $3.08 for all three items.

Second we hit Kroger - my usual shopping store of choice.  The yogurt wasn't on my list and I didn't have coupons but I'm always checking for marked down manager's special.  Usually amazing savings - today was no different.  Here's what I purchased.
  • 10 boxes Kleenex @ .99 each.  Used three .50/3 coupon.
  • 1 bottle Dial handsoap @ .88. Used a .35/1 coupon.
  • 1 Speed Stick deodorant @ 1.79. Used a $1/1 coupon.
  •  1 - 4 pack of Stonyfield Whole Milk Yogurt. Normally $2.99 but marked to $1.49 for a quick sale.
  • 3 single cups of Brown Cow organic Greek yogurt. Normally $1.09 but marked to .79 for a quick sale.
The final cost was $14.32.

Lastly we rolled into Randall's.  They had some great items on sale and some of them we could actually use - I don't stockpile items we'll never use - no matter how good the savings.  Here's what we picked up.
  • Reese's Puffs Cereal @ $1.49
  • Trix Cereal @ $1.49
  • Fruity Cheerios @ $1.49
  • Cinnamon Toast Crunch @ .49 (I kid you not that's what it rang up.)
  • 2 bottles Ken's Lite Ranch Dressing @$1.19 (in-store coupon)
  • 2 bags Fresh Express Spinach Salad Mix @ .99 each
Used a $1/2 General Mills cereal coupon - hence the .49 box of CTC and two $1/1 Ken's Salad Dressing coupons that brought their final cost to .19 each.  I walked out having spent only $7.32.  Plus I received a store coupon for $2/5 General Mills cereal.

I was going to reward the boys because they were such troopers during the whole grocery store blitz and let them ride the little mechanical helicopter outside Randall's - the ones that cost 50 cents to ride.  It was broken and I lost 25 cents.  Guess I was meant to keep the other 25 cents.

Happy Couponing!

P.S. Thirty-One's Fall 2012 Catalog goes live online September 1st.  Stop by my website to check out the incredible new fabrics and items.  www.mythirtyone.com/staceycdavis

No comments: