In an effort to ensure that I know what's going on, when to do something, and stay on top of my "chores", I created a Cleaning Schedule. It's pretty simple, with various tasks for each day - except Sundays. I borrowed the idea from some Pinterest articles and then tweaked them to meet my needs.
Monday is my "take note of what I need to stock pile items" based on the drug store sale papers and coupons I receive on Sunday. Thursday is my menu planning/grocery shopping day because grocery store sale papers come out on Wednesdays.
Since the boys still take a long morning nap, that's when I accomplish most of the cooking and cleaning for the day. I usually put on a load of laundry to wash at night, dry during breakfast and put up whenever I have time. Towels have been known to sit in the basket for a week...but that's okay. You have to prioritize and folding up my towels is always going to lose against playing Lego Harry Potter on the Xbox with my husband or reading an extra book at nap time.
I also double up on chores if I'm out. For example, we went to the Children's Museum on Monday and was so tired at the end of the day that I cleaned nothing - except my children. So on Tuesday I cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms, and it still didn't take me more than 45 minutes to do everything.
I typed this up on a Word document and just copied/pasted it here. I have one printed and on the front of my fridge. I write in dates of major cleanings. For example, I cleaned the washing machine with bleach and vinegar the other day and will do this 2-3 times per year to clean out all the gunk and smell. If I don't write it down - I'll forget.
Enjoy and happy cleaning!
P.S. Here is why I mop every night.
Every Day
-
Make up beds
-
Wash dishes
-
Wipe down the
counter tops
-
Pick up items
on tables
-
Empty baby
room trash
-
Do one load
of laundry
-
Sweep after every meal and mop at night
- Take out the kitchen trash
-
Wipe down the
stove if used
Monday
-
Take stock of
pantry/cleaning items
-
Wipe down
door and handles of fridge
-
Clean the
inside and outside of microwave
-
Clean the
inside and outside of the coffee pot
-
Wash out the
water pitcher
-
Refill soap
-
Once every 3
months, completely clean inside of fridge/freezer
Tuesday
-
Clean
bathrooms (tub, toilet, sink)
-
Sweep and mop
-
Take out the
trash
-
Wipe down
mirrors
-
Refill soap
-
Restock
toilet paper
-
Once every 3
months, wash shower liners
Wednesday
-
Change
bedding
-
Vacuum
-
Organize
closets
-
Put up
clothes
- Wipe down and de-cobweb the windows
-
Once every 3
months, wash comforter and blankets
Thursday
-
Plan out menu
for next 7-10 days (BLD and snacks)
-
Grocery
shopping
-
Errands
-
Sweep off
patio and front porch
Friday
-
Sweep and mop
entry and living room
-
Dust
furniture and electronics
-
Vacuum the
living room and play room
-
Every 3 weeks
vacuum the couch and chair
Saturday
-
Prepare meals
for the week and freeze as needed.
Sunday - nothing
1 comment:
Good for you! The trick is sticking with it- something I struggle with myself
Post a Comment