I had every intention of blogging the other night after we tried the new fruit pouch flavor but sick babies and husband kept me away. Plus I was writing a grant for an incredible professional development experience this summer - a literary tour of London and Edinburgh. I submitted everything Thursday and now will have to wait till mid or late March before I hear anything.
On to baby news. The boys have three new favorite foods well not really new foods but rather foods they like to pick up and eat: butter beans, pears, and cheese tortellini. Tedder is like a vacuum when there's butter beans around while Jack prefers pears, and they both enjoyed the tortellini.
* Store bought frozen butter beans. Heated to a bowl in enough salted water to cover. Bring to a boil Reduce and simmer 30-35 minutes. Served warm or cold - my boys love them.
* Canned pears in light syrup. Sliced into bit size pieces.
* Store bought frozen cheese tortellini (no sauce). Brought salted water to a boil and dropped in the pasta. Cooked will they floated. Strained, cooled, and cut into quarters. Easy to pick up. Plus I saved money because the frozen pasta (16 oz.) cost as much as one pre-packaged baby pasta meal. Cha-ching for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment