One of the boys has issues with encopresis (long story), and the doctor has recommended he spend 20 minutes on the toilet after each meal. Those 60 minutes in the day are the quietest and most serene of my entire day. I can catch up on Facebook, lay on the couch and level up on my toy crush game, answer my mom's text, or do something more constructive like fold laundry and watch my recorded shows from last week. What ever I choose to do, I use that time for me and just me.
On a side note, we have been taking part in reading time each morning as part of homeschool and it has been fantastic. The boys get to pick what they "read" each day, we get comfy in the living room, play my classical channel from Pandora, and just read. I enjoy watching them read, and I have had the opportunity to just read, uninterrupted, for twenty minutes. After our time is up, I read aloud what ever our Brave Writer book for the month is. This month it is The Secret of the Andes.
Adios,
Stacey D.
No comments:
Post a Comment