Sunday, March 4, 2012

Veggie Sticks and Apple Sticks

Our latest food discovery has been veggie straws and apple straws.  A guy at Sam's Club was handing out samples of dip (which I bought too) and used the veggie straws instead of a chip or cracker.  The boys really like them and are crunching away right now on the apple straws.  I use them either as a pre-meal snack so I can finish getting the meal ready or an after meal crunch.  I also saw yesterday that Babies R Us sells them in much smaller bags.

We will soon be switching from formula to milk (my wallet can't wait) and we've been experimenting with different fruit juice to ensure they are getting the vitamins and nutrients they need when not drinking milk.  I have come across Simply Nutritious Morning Blend juice.  It is an all natural blend of pineapple, orange, peach, papaya and pear juices.  All natural no sugar added.  The boys love it.  They only drink it once every other day and even then it's 50/50 water and juice.

This upcoming Saturday we will be traveling to Mississippi to celebrate the boys first birthday and I already have my food pouches ready for the trip.  They are separated into zip lock bags and labeled for either breakfast or lunch.  Hopefully we'll be at my parents by supper.  I will have to pick up a few more for the return trip.  I also invested in disposable bibs...can you truly invest in something that is disposable?  Any way, Babies R Us had them buy one get one 1/2 off and I thought they would be great for traveling.

Later I'll be talking about my Amazon Subscribe and Save purchases.

No comments: