What I've been researching is homemade baby food. As you can imagine, two babies eat twice as much food as the average singleton which means what is kind of expensive for most parents is really expensive for us. Case in point, for the month of June we went through 2 boxes of 274 diapers and 1 box of 92 diapers. As well as 27 quart size bottles of pre-made formula and 4 tubs of powder formula. With that being said, I am always looking for ways to save money which in turn makes my life less stressed although some parents would say making their own baby food is a stressor all on its own.
I have bought my first vegetables and fruits and a really cheap food processor (Target for $6) to experiment with to see how it all works out. For now, the boys won't be eating that much food and if needs be, I can always upgrade to fancy food processor. I'm excited to see how everything turns out. My biggest problem right now is finding the right freezer food storage to initially freeze my hard work. I'm just going to have to break down and buy items to see what works best for me. In the mean time, I will take any and all suggestions as to what worked best for you.
On a very happy high note, the boys slept for 7 hours straight last night. Jack did wake up once because his diaper was filled to capacity. But a quick change and rocking for 2 minutes had him snoring logs again. Isn't it funny how you know when your child is fast asleep. Tedder gets all "boble headed" and Jack's mouth falls open. I can't help but smile every time I see them sleeping. Speaking of, I need to get in there and read to them. My cousin gave me a book about promises to pray over your children and I do just that, read the prayer over their sleeping heads each night.
Jack & Tedder - two days old
No comments:
Post a Comment