Saturday, July 24, 2010

One step closer

Bright and early at 6:45am, I found my self in a hospital room. Yes, I was there on purpose and what an amazing purpose it was. You see, for the past two weeks I have been undergoing medications to speed up the development of eggs (follicles) within my ovaries. Two, sometimes three, shots a night with my husband helping each day.

My husband and I have jokingly referred to this day as "harvest time" - for that is what it was. Over the past two weeks, my follicles have created fifteen eggs and today, the doctor "harvested" my eggs. I spent the rest of the day napping, watching tv, and telling my husband the same story six times.

Tomorrow we will hear from the doctor as to how many eggs were able to be fertilized and when I will be returning for the last procedure. The eggs/embryos are graded on a scale of A+ to F - sort of like in school. The top two "A+" students are then transferred back to their mother home land. Two short weeks after that - I hope to be pregnant.

We understood going into this that there was a chance of sometime happening to me; going into debt; not getting pregnant; or having a miscarriage. But after many days and nights of petitioning God and listening to His answers, we believe that this is in God's will. I know that His will is perfect, and even though I may not understand the reason, He will always know the outcome. That, in and of itself, is comforting.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


 My IVF medication, shots, etc.

No comments: